After at least three years I finally found the grandmother's flower garden project I had started. The good news is I found it in a rubbermaid container in the attic. The bad news is that the box was full of other unfinished project that I had completely forgotten about. Now I have even more things to complete. I loved working on this project for several reasons. Mainly it is completely hand sewn so I could take it where ever I went to work on it. Hand sewing or quilting is relaxing to me. Now that it's made it to the light of day again maybe I'll actually finish it.
I started a bag while I was down at my Aunt's over the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't have enough fabric to finish it. I had to run to the fabric store to pick up a yard of fabric for my aunt, and of course I had to look around. I bought a few pieces I saw that I liked. I made this bag this afternoon out of some of it. So now this is the first bag I made, and the other will have to wait until I get the fat quarter I need. It's certainly not great, but I have a pretty good idea of the process now. If I made this bag over I'd make the handles slightly smaller just because the bag turned out a little smaller than I planned since I didn't use a pattern. I did manage to put a pocket in it for keys or a cell phone.